You can buy in Speech and Language Therapy for your school for half a day or a full day, at a frequency to suit you. You can also buy in therapy for individual children at your school.
Call Karen for an informal chat, to see how a School Speech Therapist can help your school.
Information from the new report published by the Children’s Commissioner’s office (June 15th 2019), highlights the lack of support from the public sector for speech therapy, with many children missing out on therapy! Effective Speech and Language Skills are essential for children to access the curriculum and social relationships.
School Speech Therapists will tailor services to your individual needs. Services can include:
- Assessment for all pupils that you are concerned about
- Screening of ALL pupils, so that no child slips the net
- Individual speech and language therapy
- Group therapy for speech, language and social skills
- Training and workshops for parents and staff
- Attendance at meetings
- Contribution to reports, IEPs and targets
- Auditing of classrooms to ensure they are communication-friendly